Re: no mail server with host -t MX

On Thu, 26 May 2005, Muhammad Ali wrote:

> Hi,
>
> No I just missed the dots in the email. The entries
> are correct but I cant get the reply for host -t MX.

In any case, missing the dot would not prevent the MX from appearing in
the zone file (and thus being resolvable) it would have caused the domain
to be appended again, producing an incorrect record so if that had been
the problem you would have had a different issue.

Getting back to the actual problem, is named running on the box?

Use ps ax | grep named to find out.

The errors you show later in the thread make me question whether it is
starting ok or not.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.
Senior Technical Consultant, OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.