bind9 choking?

Anyone having issues with BIND9 on woody going catatonic as a resolver? We've been having some extremely weird problems -- it' still sort of working but it's just blindly firing off packets without ever really receiving them or recognizing it's getting answers or something....net effect is we can't see anything offsite DNS wise. It's holding several thousand zones as a master as well, and that might have something to do with it.

I'm just trying to figure out if anyone else is seeing any similar sort of behavior at all and what their circumstances are.

TIA

--
Undocumented Features quote of the moment...
"It's not the one bullet with your name on it that you