anyone trouble with nscd?

Hi,

I had to kill off a run wild nscd process from one of my test servers some days ago. It had allocated around 1GB of memory but still answered as expected.

I did not find anything about this in the nscd bug tracker, anyone else with such an experience?

nscd v2.3.2, running on a Debian 3.1, installed from a binary package. Config parameters are slightly tuned:

        suggested-size          passwd          5569
        check-files             passwd          no

I guess this makes sense if you use LDAP for user authentication and expect lots of users.

Any hints or tips appreciated,

Markus