Re: netstat 1

Rudi Starcevic wrote:
Hi,

I have one more FreeBSD to Debian question.

This one has bugged me a little longer than systat.

On FreeBSD when looking for network output/usage I can issue this
command: 'netstat 1'

netstat 1

[...]

Is it possible to get similar output from Debian to quick calculate
network output?

Thanks.
Regards,
Rudi.

--
Internet Media Productions

I didn't know bwm and ifstat were there, but having a look at dselect's package list...

iftop - Display bandwidth usage on an interface
ipband - daemon for subnet bandwidth monitoring with reporting via email
iperf - Internet Protocol bandwidth measuring tool

There may be more, I don't know.

BTW, I was going to suggest you iptraf. Perhaps you'll find it a bit bloated (curses), but I like it.

Greetings,

--
José Marcos Chalmés García
pepe AT elcorreu DOT net