Re: chroot with virtual IP-Address

.: Michelle Konzack (Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 01:36:57PM +0200)
> I know under FreeBSD I can use Jails for it, but how can I get virtual
> IP-Addresses under Linux, because "jail" is not in Dewbian ?

please consider using `xen' for these kind of things:
<URL:http://xen.sf.net>

> I have the need, that each chroot/server has his own IP-Address.

you could realize this with tun/tap-devices:
% zgrep bin/tunc Contents-i386.gz
usr/sbin/tunctl                                             otherosfs/uml-utilit

    Regards, Dirk :.