recompiling apache-ssl

Hello,

  I need to recompile apache-ssl because of soem problems - too low
  MaxClients and too low FD_SETSIZE. But I don't know how to do it...

  I downloaded source for apache-ssl, unpacked, applied debian patch.
  But it is different from other packages - the upstream source is
  still packed and it is unpacked only on built and there some patched
  applied. So I tried source.build which unpacked it, applied patches
  and configured it. But how can I change what I need? I changed
  MaxClients in .h file, that should be OK. But FD_SETSIZE needs to be
  set in CFLAGS. In which Makefile I should change it?

      Many thanks :)

--
  bYE, Marki