Re: ADSL Modem-Router and VPN

Hi!

Besides that I see no relation to debian-ISP or debian in general, I would recommend Draytek Vigor, available with and without modem,and optionally with ISDN. The fine thing is, that those routers support L2TP and IPSEC in the box (I _dont_ mean IPSEC passthrough) and of course they do this dyndns stuff. Up to 16 VPN connections possible. AFAIR Sonic Wall Routers have similar capabilties. Alternatively you could look for a Linksys WRT54G Router - there is a linux distribution out for this one.

To make all this a Debian-ISP thread: Is anyone aware of a Linux/Debian daemon that uses the same protocol as dyndns.org?

rgds,
j.

Michelle Konzack wrote:
Hello *,

I have a Router and a /24 Network splited (prepared for my Fixed IP's)

public       192.168.1.  0- 63/26    router .1
private      192.168.1. 64- 95/27    router .65
secure       192.168.1. 96-111/28    router .97
cyber        192.168.1.112-119/29    router .113
wave         192.168.1.128-255/25    router .129

internet     192.168.1.120-127/29    router .121     adsl1   .122
                                                     adsl2   .123
                                                     adsl3   .124
                                                     adsl4   .125
                                                     isdn1   .126

The ADSL Modem-Router are curently Netgear DM602A and the ISDN Router
is a 3Com OfficeConnect.

Now I like to change one of the ADSL Modem-Router against one,
which support VPN, because I need in Moroc, Algeria and Iran access
to my "private" Subnet in Strasbourg, while I need in each country
3 or 4 IP addresses.

Can someone recommend a usable and cost-effective Modem-Router ?

I need support for Annex A and cost-effective is a need, because
I need to buy up to end of April minimum 4 routers.

I have found an ADSL Modem-Router, but it makes only 2 virtual Connections and cost 160 Euro, but I need one, which make 8 or
more connections.  Crypting is neccesaryly too.

Because some limitations (e.g. no Linux-Geeks) I can not use fli4l
ore something like this... If something fails, I can not travel
2-8000 km.

Do I need a professionel 19" ADSL Modem-Router in Strasbourg at
my Office ?  -  Maybe the price will be overkill...

Greetings
Michelle

--=20