Re: Bridging

Hi!

tps@unslept.com wrote:

Has anyone played with iptables bridging under either 2.4 or 2.6 kernels?

A while ago, yes. But only using 2.4 kernels.

but nothing actually passes the bridge, although you can see the traffic on
both NICs from the bridge box itself. The 2.4 kernels work for bridging,
but it doesn't seem to respect the logging directives, so the packets
are never logged. I'm doing this all remotely, so when I screw up, it means
someone either flushing the tables, or rebooting the box.

AFAIR one had to aply a certain patch to enable bridging AND iptables.
Could not find it anymore though ...

Basically it worked fine for us having a transparent bridge between one
class c network and our (back then) 2Mbit/s uplink. It ran on an old pc
without problems 'til the hardware gave in ;)

j.
--
Jogi Hofmueller |*| ICQ: 284632332
         mur.at |*| http://noc.mur.at/support/