sendmailconfig sarge and webmin

I've been trying to setup a sarge server with a working sendmail for some time now, I have severial bug I need to work out. one of the problems I have not been able to solve is when updating my local domains file. If I make my changes in webmin and run sendmailconfig to update the configuration to sendmail, sendmailconfig wipes out the local domain settings then updates sendmail with a blank local domains list, making sendmail refuse mail for all my domains. I have gotten around this by just running make in the /etc/mail dir but I would like to figure out why sendmailconfig has this affect.