Re: automatic slave

Rodney Richison wrote:

What solutions are available to automate dns slave zone creation? When I create or change a zone file, I'd like the slave dns machine to automagically pick up the new zone.

You can use PowerDNS, which has a supermaster function (non-rfc?). That way you can simply add the domain in your supermaster, and your slaves do the rest. Only thing is, is that removing a domain in your master doesnt remove the domain from the slaves i believe.

Robert

--
Hensel Hosting
Westerstraat 250 II

Please visit our web site: http://www.hensel.nl/
for more information about our products and services.

This email and any attachment is intended for the
addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you
are notified that no part of the email or any
attachment may be disclosed, copied or distributed,
and that any other action related to this email or
attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful.

If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender
immediately by return email, and delete this message.

Hensel.nl and/or its employees shall not be liable
for the incorrect or incomplete transmission of this
email or any attachments, nor responsible for any
delay in receipt.