Re: can iptables distinguish difference between domains?

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 16:32 -0800, Shannon R. wrote:
> many thanks for the very informative replies everyone!
> we'll only be hosting low traffic sites so we should
> be ok even with netfilter's resource intensive inner
> workings.

Hi, Shannon --

If the sites are really low volume, why not put all of the pages onto
one apache web-server and use VirtualHost directives to sort between the
sites ?

If you already have lots of boxes and want some redundancy, something
like heartbeat (with your spare public facing address as the VIP) would
be useful to you.

--

Andy Davidson
Systems Administrator