Re: upgrade only security advised packages on testing

On Tuesday 08 March 2005 00.57, Jorge Salamero wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i've most of my servers with debian testing, is there any way of
> upgrading only packages with vulnerabilities ?
>
> a workarround is to leave only the 'deb http://security.debian.org/
> testing/updates main' line in /etc/apt/sources.list.
>
> anything better ?

Testing currently does not have any security support at all.

The only thing you can do is track the security announcement and manually
install packages as they are fixed in unstable.  But since the security
announcements target woody, there may well be security problems in testing
that you won't be aware off.

This is said to change within the next few weeks, but I'll believe it when
it is announced as a fact.

greetings
-- vbi

--
Today is Boomtime, the 67th day of Chaos in the YOLD 3171