Re: automatically restart crashed web server

> >> Does anyone have any recommendations on how to do this? I can always
> >> compose a script myself, but it seems that this is something
>
> I guess I should mention Monit (http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/) here.

Wow. That is very cool. Even better than what I was looking for. The
three lines:

    check process apache2 with pidfile /var/run/apache2.pid
        start program = "/etc/init.d/apache2 start"
        stop  program = "/etc/init.d/apache2 stop"

are sufficient to ensure that if ever Apache is no longer running, it
will be automatically restarted. Very nice. Thanks for the pointer.

Charles

--
If her whiskers
Scratched your cheek