Re: [HELP] courier-authdaemon frustration

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 05:54:35PM +0000, Sandy Hawkins wrote:
> Ive setup two instances of Courier, both times I ended up having
> problems with authentication and TEMPFAIL. I found out that Courier
> is *VERY* pedantic about configuration files, and in particular: the
> *order* in which you have all entries in authmysqlrc etc..
>
> If it helps, heres a copy of my authmysqlrc that works:
>
> MYSQL_SERVER            localhost
> MYSQL_USERNAME          ****

Hi Sandy,

Sorry for the very long delay in replying. After I writing for help,
I had some medical problems that pretty much kept me away from my
computer for the last two months. :-( Now that those are resolved,
I am picking up where I left off.

For whatever reason, you authmysqlrc helped me solve the problem! Thanks
very much. For whatever reason, eliminating all comments fixed the problem.
When I put them back in, things broke. Don't ask me why. I'll second
your observation that Courier is *VERY* pedantic about config files.
This behavior seems somewhat broken to me. :-/

For completeness in the archives here is what worked for me. (Obviously,
example.com isn't the real domain.):

MYSQL_SERVER	127.0.0.1
MYSQL_USERNAME	service
MYSQL_PASSWORD	******
MYSQL_PORT	0
MYSQL_OPT	0
MYSQL_DATABASE	provider
MYSQL_USER_TABLE	postfix_users
DEFAULT_DOMAIN	example.com

MYSQL_LOGIN_FIELD	email
#MYSQL_CRYPT_PWFIELD	crypt
MYSQL_CLEAR_PWFIELD	clearpw
MYSQL_UID_FIELD		uid
MYSQL_GID_FIELD		gid
MYSQL_HOME_FIELD	homedir
MYSQL_MAILDIR_FIELD	maildir
MYSQL_WHERE_CLAUSE	access='Y'
                        ^^^^^^^^^^
	These are the column names in the MySQL table. authmysqlrc
doesn't seem to care about the names, but sure seems picky about
the field order.

I found using 127.0.0.1 instead of the MySQL's socket or the name
localhost, made things much easier. I didn't have to play games with
getting MySQL and Postfix (v2.x) to play nice on a Sarge box in the
chroot jail.

But it works! Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions. IMAP and IMAPS
now works as advertised! :-)

Now my next problem is getting SASL working. That'll be my next email
to the list. :-)

       bob
--
  bob billson        email: reb@nodot.org              ham: kc2wz   /)