Re: Exim and Apple Mail

On 29 Jan 2005, at 07:57, Rod Rodolico wrote:
Does anyone know of problems with the mail client that comes with
OSX trying to send mail via Exim 3.35? Also, any hints about which
log to look at for authentication failure (I think that is what is
happening). I can't find the entries by IP or username so far.

I use CRAM-MD5 authentication with Exim 4 and had no problems so far (nor with plain text authentication). You should look in the main log (/var/log/exim/mainlog IIRC) for the log entries. Normally the logs are understandable and point straight to the reason.

Regards,
Philipp Kern