Re: exim4 for virtual domains

On Saturday 15 January 2005 16:16, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> I am also interested in this thread, but I find some parts obscure.
> Would you please be more explicit in the following
>
> > * put this into /etc/exim4/conf.d/router/160_local_virtual_users
> > * add a "domainlist virtual_domains =  ..." to conf.d/main/
>
> that is, what is the syntax for '...' ? would that be
> 'domainlist virtual_domains =  site1.net:site2.com' ?

Yes. This list holds all domains for which you want to do these aliases.

> > /etc/mail/aliases/$domain contains local_part -> local_part and
> > local_part -> username@localhost mappings.
>
> and
> /etc/mail/aliases/$domain would be a directory with multiple files,
> symlinks, one file in tabular form?

for each domain in virtual_domains you need one aliases-style file to map
localparts (string in front of the @) from this domain to "real" email
adresses.

for example, on my mail server:

> david@diode:~$ cat /etc/mail/aliases/black.co.at
> postmaster: david
> abuse: david
> david: david@mail.black.co.at
> david@diode:~$

I also have my virtual_domain list in a file:
> david@diode:~$ grep
virtual_domains /etc/exim4/conf.d/main/01_exim4-config_listmacrosdefs
> domainlist virtual_domains = lsearch*;/etc/mail/virtual-domains

You also want to go through the acl/ section and add the virtual_host list to
all "domain=" tests which test for local_domains.

Regards, David