To: <debian-isp@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 11:34 AM
Subject: Re: reverse name resolution

Kilian Krause wrote:

Hi Djalma,

my named.conf.local:
zone "0/25.36.247.200.in-addr.arpa" {

i'd try making this read:
zone "36.247.200.in-addr.arpa" {

for a start.. i.e. without the 0/25.

Yes, this would be problematic unless for some odd reason you had a directory named "0". The other comments about having to have your upstream ISP delegate the reverses properly is important also - and they can't just do it and tell you "it's done". They have to provide you their naming convention for the delegated zones so you can line yours up with theirs.

(I guess they *could* just tell you "it's done" and then you'd have to use dig to figure out exactly how they did it, which is fine also...)

Nate