Re: Documentation of big "mail systems"?

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 03:24:01PM +0200, Aur?lien Beaujean wrote:
> So mails are delivered to your backend mailstores by smtp ou lmtp ?

Yep. The front-end relays were delivering mail to the backend via SMTP
(using a qmail-smtpc patch that I wrote, to help integrate the new
system with our old Netscape/Iplanet mail system). But a week ago we
finally upgraded to a newer version of qmail-ldap on the frontend and
in doing so switched to using QMQP to deliver mail to the backend, since
the Netscape system has been gone for a very long time now.

> No NFS means also that pop/imap daemons are running on the backend
> mailstores ?

Correct. We have courier-pop and courier-imap on the backend, and we
use Perdition to do pop/imap proxying from the frontend.

Cheers,

Paul.

--
Paul Dwerryhouse						| PGP Key ID:
Amsterdam, The Netherlands (X) <-> Melbourne, Australia ( )	| 0x6B91B584