managing user/group Quotas (ext3 - XFS filesystem)

Hi,

I'm having trouble understanding setting up and managing quotas on an ext3/XFS filesystem. Can anybody lead me to good detailed documentation on using/managing quotas? The man pages just aren't helping me much.

I'm wanting to manage user and/or group quotas on my ext3 filesystem, and I have aquota.user and aquota.group files in the right place, but as I'm understanding it XFS filesystems don't even use/need these files, or do they.? Also when I try the following:

~# setquota -u -F xfs username 100 105 0 0 /home (substituting username with a real user of course)

I get Segmentation fault.

Also, how do I know whether to use quota.user or aquota.user files? I know the first is for version 1 and aquota.user for version 2, but how do know which to use, or even if I need them with an ext3 filesystem?

If I use ~# setquota -u -F vfsv0 username 100 105 0 0 /home , it seems to work, but is that what I really need to use on an ext3 FS?

I greatly appreciate any and all help!!

Thanks,
Robert