Re: Documentation of big "mail systems"?

## Henrique de Moraes Holschuh (hmh@debian.org):

> > We put our mailboxes (about 100GB per server with cyrus IMAP)
> > in a fibrechannel-connected SAN (there're some EMC cabinets in
> That's how it is usually done with Cyrus IMAP (since upstream makes it quite
> clear that you are either stupid or a daredevil if you run Cyrus IMAP on top
> of any sort of NAS) :)

So, now we would like Russel to explain why he does not like SAN.

> OTOH, using SAN for shared storage (HA) is prone to all sort of BIG blowups
> as any other HA setup, so if you can avoid it...

Even the slightest mistake in your HA config will really ruin your day.
Larger mailstores are generally more PITA to fix than small ones, in an
exponential type of "more". BTDT.

Regards,
Christoph

--