Re: Can we build a proper email cluster? (was: Re: Why is debian.org email so unreliable?)

> As long as the machine is fixed within four days of a problem we don't
> need
> more than one.  Email can be delayed, it's something you have to get used
> to.
Machines are cheap enough, wouldn't it be reasonable to throw in redundancy?
Unless having 2 machines adds unneccessary complexity to the setup.

We have triple redundancy on our incoming mail, on cheap hardware, even
though 1 server would more than handle our comparativelly pitiful incoming
mail volume.
Sometimes I don't even realize one of the external relays is broken for a
day...(even though the monitoring tools should tell you.)

--
--Luke CS Sysadmin, Montana State University-Bozeman