Re: Can we build a proper email cluster? (was: Re: Why is debian.org email so unreliable?)

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:42, "Steinar H. Gunderson" <sgunderson@bigfoot.com>
wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 01:05:26PM +1000, Russell Coker wrote:
> > http://www.umem.com/16GB_Battery_Backed_PCI_NVRAM.html
> >
> > If you want to use external journals then use a umem device for it.  The
> > above URL advertises NV-RAM devices with capacities up to 16G which run
> > at 64bit 66MHz PCI speed.  Such a device takes less space inside a PC
> > than real disks, produces less noise, has no moving parts (good for
> > reliability) and has ZERO seek time as well as massive throughput.
>
> Out of curiosity; approximately how much does such a thing cost? I can't
> find prices on it anywhere.

Last time I got a quote the high-end model had 1G of storage and was 33MHz
32bit PCI.  It cost around $700US.  I would expect that the high-end model
costs around that price nowadays, but if you want one you'll just have to
apply for a quote.