Re: initrd in Debian kernel-image

On Wednesday 29 September 2004 13:38, Aurélien Beaujean wrote:
> Hi,

> The only way to have mageraid at boot time is to include it in builtin
> (not in module) in the kernel. So rebuild a 2.4.27 with the same custom
> options than your old 2.4.21.

That's interesting..

Since I wrote, I did some more research (yes, I should have done this
before.. :) and mounted the initrd image that the postinst script generated,
and in a script called /loadmodules it clearly states "modprobe -k
megaraid" ...

I have no idea how it got there, even tracing the bash source code of mkinitrd
through, but I'll give it a go :)

Cheers,
gdh