addenda to question about status of VLAN support in Debian/Linux in general

Il 12 Sep 2004 alle 12:31 Leonardo Boselli immise in rete
> Just an information:
> i will have a netgear 526T and a AT 8024 ....
> my servers have one a NIC driven by e1000 module, the other by
> 8139too .
> Currently they have two nic each, one with 2 addresses and one with
> other two, connected phisically to two different networks. I would
> plan to use only one NIC for each server, conencted to the 526. The
> two switches would be connected usink trunk option by 3 double pairs
> (3 UTP lines) .
(see the rest in previous post)
Actually one of them acts as a firewall/router between the two physical
and the four logical subnets. Woul be better to keep this one with two
different nic or use just one (my most important factor in using VLAN is
just the ability to set on the switch each output on one of the subnets,
and usa a comon set of wires ... using only one NIC per server is just a
"clean wiring" consideration.)
--
Leonardo Boselli
Nucleo Informatico e Telematico del Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile