Re: RAID-1 to RAID-5 online migration?

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 12:06:13AM -0400, Chris Wagner wrote:
> If ur looking for a fast RAID product that's reasonably priced I'ld take a
> look at NetCell's SyncRAID product (http://www.netcell.com/) which uses a 64
> bit RAID-3 variant they call RAID XL.  It got a good review from Tom's
> Hardware Guide and it looks like they've really solved the read-calc-write
> problem of RAID-5.

looks good, but is it supported in linux?  the web site says not:

  "Currently only supports Windows XP, 2000, & 2003

  Retail Box includes PCI card, CD, Manual, IDE cables.

  We are currently only shipping the SyncRAID 5000 product for Windows
  users. Apple and Linux versions will be available soon. NetCell is
  currently only shipping products to US and Canada."

and similar phrasing on the info pages for the other models (3 drive and SATA).

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

The next time you vote, remember that "Regime change begins at home"