Re: ssh and root logins

On August 10, 2004 08:30 am, Shannon R. wrote:

> i only have 1 important box yet i'm getting the same
> thing also.
>
> by the way, won't leaving only "console" in
> /etc/securetty disallow remote root logins? i did it
> and my box still accepts remote root logins. any ideas
> why?

Because ssh doesn't refer to that file.  You can probably make it check the
file by adding something like "auth requisite pam_securetty.so"
to /etc/pam.d/ssh (note that's completely untested so don't try it remotely
of course).

If you do try it let us know how it works out.

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser@wehave.net>                 http://www.wehave.net/