Woody+Testing Apache Segmentation Fault

Hi

I have a problem with my webserver. It was originally setup with
Potato (or earlier version) of Debian a few years back.

Currently it has been fully upgraded to Woody, plus selected
packages have been upgraded to "Testing". These include
php(4.3.4-4) and all its dependencies including apache(1.3.31-2).
and libapache-mod-perl(1.29.0.2-9). These are the latest "testing"
release versions.

Recently I did an "apt-get upgrade" and it downloaded and installed
the above version of apache. Afterwards it would not start, it
failed without showing an error on either the screen or the log
files. Running "apache -F" I got a segmentation fault.

After a bit of playing, I discovered if I comment out either the
php4 or mod-perl in the new modules.conf (imported from httpd.conf)
the server starts normally. With both modules loaded the server get
a segmentation fault.

I am wondering if there is a version conflict between the modules,
or if there is a restriction on permissions or resources, inherited
from the earlier version, which prevents the apache server from
starting?

Has anybody seen this before?

Thanks

Ian