Re: spamassassin memory leak bug with bayes

Hello Dmitry,

Am 2004-07-23 00:50:51, schrieb Dmitry Golubev:
>Hello,

>1. Running exim4 with MailScanner without Spamassassin - OK
>2. Running exim4 + MailScanner + Spamassassin... hmm... well that kind of
>behavior... In this case MailScanner eats up all my 1GB of RAM and my 2GB on
>swap, and also all my CPU (Xeon 2.4GHz with HyperThreading enabled). Nothing
>is logged, nothing shows something is wrong

Hmmm, I have a Duron 1600 with 128 MByte of Memory and 200 MByte of
SWAP.

Has 4 Domains, and around 30-40 $USER.
In plus there are 36 local $USER which use 176 E-Mails fetched from
differnt ISP's

I am using courier-{mta,imap,pop3,mlm,authpostgresql,webadmin} and
have tried to fuck my Server wit 20000 Worms and Viruses and around
1.000.000 Spams... Using f-prot and spamassassin 2.63 via spamc.

The Virus and Mail-Sending Testserver was a Athlon 2000. All two
Servers are connected to a 3Com SuperStack III with GigaBit Ports.

LoadAverage was around 5.3 on the Server. Exactly, it is my local
FileServer where the /home is stored and exported via NFS.

>3. Fighting with it for a 4 or 5 hours found that version 2.60 (note that I
>have version 2.63) had a bug that could lead to this when bayes is enabled...
>Disabled bayes, and that it...
>
>It seams it is really a bug, but please suggest any workaround...

In 2.60 or 2.63 ?
There is nothing which eat up memory in 2.63...

But it seems, there is a bug in 2.99

>Dmitry

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi