Re: Recommendations for redundant server esp. regarding shared storage?

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 22:25, Christian Hammers <ch@lathspell.de> wrote:
> Shared storage would be neat as we could do real load balancing on
> POP3/IMAP servers as well but has anybody a recommendation for a

In my experience neither POP3 nor IMAP uses any significant amount of CPU
time.  Therefore having the files stored on local disks with a single CPU
running POP/IMAP will be expected to give significantly better performance
than having two machines running POP/IMAP and mounting the partitions over
NFS.