Re: Streaming Video Server

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 07:32:17PM -0700, px wrote:

> Try  http://www.videolan.org/
> Great streaming software, client and server, lots of features.  Not very
> CPU intensive from what I've found, 3-4 streams.
> Come's in a Debian package too.

For what i know one need a special player to decode the streams from
vlc allthough ive heard that with a plugin it should be possible for
windows users to play native vlc streams with windows media player
(not confirmed though). We use the videolanserver when we need to
stream high bandwidth quality streams on internal networks allthough i
would use another media format than MPEG1/2 for streams on internet.

Real Networks has a free Streaming media server (limited to maxium
1mbit/sec) and your customer can download free Real producer encode
content in Real format.

--
Venlig Hilsen/Kind Regards
Thomas Kirk

Mejlgade 27-29, DK-8000 Aarhus C
Havnegade 39, DK-1058 København K

Telephone Direct: +45 8620 4264
Telephone Office: +45 7023 3456
Telephone Mobile: +45 2612 3237

Office FAX: +45 8620 4270
WWW: http://www.arkena.com
--

"If something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can't
speak English." -- Homer Simpson