Re: spam from an auto-responder

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 02:52:10PM +1000, Russell Coker wrote:
> Could someone please help educate this person.

I believe there is no other way than forge from and send him... see..

--
matej kovac
deblist@telnet.sk

# telnet mail.securedc.com 25
HELO pduck.com
MAIL FROM: <gjf@pduck.com>
RCPT TO: <GMan67@pduck.com>
DATA
From: gjf@pduck.com
To: "Geoffrey Faivre-Malloy" <GMan67@pduck.com>
Subject: I'm tired... (Re: GJF@pduck.com No Longer Used!)

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 at 15:40, "Geoffrey Faivre-Malloy" <GMan67@pduck.com> wrote:

> Please be advised that the amount of spam coming to this account
> reached intolerable levels.  As such, I have changed my e-mail
> address.  The new e-mail is:
>
> GMan67@pduck.com
>
> Thanks,
>
> G-Man

I'm really tired. You won't ever believe how amounts of
spam I have to send daily... Imagine: you remember how
much spam and viruses or notifications you got lately...?
Be sure they simply keep coming. Really. They won't stop.
...and you know what?

NOW THEY HAVE YOUR NEW EMAIL ADDRESS.

I'm a stupid robot... Viruses sometimes do think of some
unexistant email addresses, you know.. Can you imagine how
hard it is to deliver the mail to those? Or to other
auto-responders? Please, turn me off.

Sincerely,
Your auto-responder
.