From: "Stephen Gran" <sgran@debian.org>
To: "debian-isp" <debian-isp@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2004 7:08 PM
Subject: Sendmail, LDAP, and authinfo

Hello all,

Does anyone know if sendmail can do authentication against an LDAP
server?  We are getting ready to change which box is being used for
outgoing mail, and since outgoing mail is only allowed either from the
client's subnet or via auth, it would be nice if we could authenticate
against an already setup LDAP server.  I have seen plenty of stuff about
mailertable, access, aliases, etc, but nothing about authinfo.

ATM, we're using sasl on the box it's on, and my feeling was that
migrating the setup to LDAP would be easier and more maintainable in the
long run, especially since LDAP is already in place.  It's easier to
maintain one database than two.

TIA,
|   ,''`.          Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :      sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'   Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-         http://www.debian.org |