bandwidth

Hi,
I live in a building which has 96 apartments, all of them wired in a LAN.
We have contracted an isp that connects our LAN to the internet with a
radio link. As our contract is going to expire soon, and I know the new
contract will be with higher prices, I'll try to propose a new locally
administered solution to my neighbours, that will be a direct link
to a local backbone, with our own local firewall/bandwidth sharing
machine.
My question is how much bandwidth should I ask for with my local
backbone to provide such universe of almost 96 home computers with a
reasonable internet access service?
Thanks,

--
Carlos