Re: ...please

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 17:17, David Stanaway <david@stanaway.net> wrote:
> > But of course a spammer could use someone else's email address.  The
> > solution
> > to this is to moderate every message that has an unknown combination
> > of From:
> > field and IP address.  There is no software support for this yet.
>
> How about moderating email coming from a new ip/24 for the member until
> a post is accepted, or the ip or address is blocked.

Using a /24 should not offer much benefit.  IMHO we should block direct
connections from dial-up systems (they should use the mail server from their
ISP), so there should only be a small number of IP addresses per user.

The number of ISPs which transparently direct the user to multiple outbound
mail relays without them being aware of it is quite small.  Usually the user
has one IP address for sending per ISP.