Re: Attempt on smtpd / faking remote ip

you should also filter out 127.0.0.0/8 on any network interface but "lo".

so that spoofing with localhost-adresses is not possible anymore.

( for example:
iptables -A INPUT -s 127.0.0.0/8 -d 127.0.0.0/8 -i lo -o lo -p ALL -j ACCPET
iptables -A OUTPUT -s 127.0.0.0/8 -d 127.0.0.0/8 -i lo -o lo -p ALL -j ACCPET
iptables -A INPUT -s 127.0.0.0/8 -d 0/0 -p ALL -j REJECT
iptables -A OUTPUT -s 0/0 -d 127.0.0.0/8 -p ALL -j REJECT
maybe the same for private addresses that aren't allowed to come in on your
internet interface)

and for the mail script you use... check your weblog for the time you saw the
misterous connections in postfix. If there was something you should see the
hits the access.log

--Ralph