Re: anyone got a quad/tri port ethernet card for sale?!!

> Do you know if these (D-link 570 or 580) are supported with the basic
> Debian stable??  If so, I'm off to place bids!

Both are supported. However, I found that the 580 seems to suffer from
high packet loss in high-load situations where the 570 is unaffected,
and I've seen similar reports from others, too.

This may simply be because the 580 is a newer card, and therefore there
hasn't been time to work out all of the bugs from the driver, so maybe
things are better in 2.6.x - still, if you have the choice, I'd go for
the 570.