From: "Robert Cates" <robert@kormar.de>
To: <debian-isp@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Wednesday, 11 February, 2004 7:02 PM
Subject: POP3 accounts

Hi,

I would like to get a job at a nearby ISP, and therefore I'm trying to
learn more on various (technical) aspects of the business.  So I would
really appreciate it if somebody would explain to me how I for example can
have as many as 50 or so POP3 accounts with an ISP, when I really have
only one real/login account.  I've really learned alot from my Debian 3.0
server I've setup, but some things just seem to elude me.  Would it be in
the POP server configuration, like Qpopper?  Because I can't imagine the
ISP will setup 50 seperate accounts for each POP3 account, and then that
times 1000+ real customer accounts.

Thank you very much for your help!!
Robert