Re: managing quotas on Ext3 FS

Robert Cates wrote:
> I'm hoping to get some insight on how to setup and manage account
> quotas with Debian 3.0 in an ISP environment.
> I have a Debian 3.0 server running, with ext3 file systems, and as I
> understand it the quota (3.04-1) package does not or cannot fully
> work with ext3 file systems.

I'm in the process of migrating a server from RedHat to Debian, and this
is something that is Required.  I checked out the install I'm testing
right now, and (after the usual hair-pulling to ACTIVATE the #$^#$%@$#
quotas in the first place) they seem to be functioning correctly.

This *may* be a kernel-2.2 vs kernel-2.4 issue;  I very carefully
installed with the bf2.4 kernel, and installed a "full" 2.4 kernel
later.

-kgd
--
"Sendmail administration is not black magic.  There are legitimate
technical reasons why it requires the sacrificing of a live chicken."