Techniques for outbound spam filtering with Exim?

I'm looking to setup outbound spam filtering via Exim (preferably with
SpamAssassin).  What sorts of techniques are folks using to do this?
We're currently running Exim 3.xx but upgrading isn't a big deal if
necessary.

We already have spamc/spamd handling inbound mail via procmail.  But
I'm tempted to implement scanning during the SMTP transaction for
outbound mail if possible.  Our outbound volume isn't really that
high.

Thanks for any pointers,

Jeremy
<Jeremy@Zawodny.com>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/