Re: yahoo problems

At 12:37 AM 2/5/04 +1100, russell@coker.com.au wrote:
>On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 23:43, "brinderpurwaha" <brin.purwa@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> on the chat room whenever i try to access mine or someone else profiles i
>> get a screen saying this user is not avaible on this url. this is always
>> occuring on every occasion i try to accesss a users profiles
>
>It could be a virus.  Have you tried re-installing Windows?

Yes, I've seen this virus before.  It's called Yahoo-HaaHaa.  There's also a
Scandinavian variant called Yahoo-Fåne.  This is a multi-partite polymorphic
stealth virus.  It can't be detected or cleaned because it's too clever.
Even Linux and BSD are affected.  To get rid of it requires a three step
process.  First delete all your files.  Second fdisk your drive.  Third
reformat your drive with the /s option.  This part is important.  That will
ensure that all copies of the virus have been eliminated and your boot
sector reconstructed.

Ok, HAHAHAH, in case you have't realized it yet this is all a joke.  Either
your browser is misconfigured or you have the wrong url.  Either way it's
off topic.

--
REMEMBER THE WORLD TRADE CENTER         ---=< WTC 911 >=--
"...ne cede males"

00000100