Re: blacklists

Michelle Konzack wrote:

I have tested in sequenz:

sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org cbl.abuseat.org relays.ordb.org opm.blitzed.org list.dsbl.org dul.dnsbl.sorbs.org blackholes.mail-abuse.org dialups.mail-abuse.org

But now I have removed all exept the first two.  "spamhaus" catchs
more then 50% of my spams and "abuseat" around 10%. The rest is done
by "Blacklists" and spamassassin.

cbl.abuseat.org is included in xbl.spamhaus.org so it is not needed to
use both. If you use sbl.spamhaus.org I do not see why not to use bl.spamcop.net as well. Both have some collateral damage and false positives but still prove to be very useful. I can also advise to use list.dsbl.org.

To see some statistics on the hit rate of various blacklists see:
http://cgi.monitor.nl/popstats.html
http://www.sdsc.edu/~jeff/spam/cbc.html

I you use Spamassassin be sure to use SURBL. That is a very effective blacklist with virtually no false positives.

Richard