Re: blacklists

--On Wednesday, December 08, 2004 10:32 +0100 daniele becchi <520053087607-0001@t-online.de> wrote:

if i would have used rbl checks in postfix instead of spamassim i would
never receive that mail, right?
the tracked ip is of course 217.226.195.186 and not the yahoo ip
216.109.118.120.
Or i didn't understand? :(

First RBL checks inside of postfix *ONLY* operate ont he host connecting to you, NOT on anything else. Second, I recommend using a 4xx (temprorary failure) code too, third, I'm implying that you use the up-front to augment SpamAssassin, not replace it. It GREATLY reduces the amount of load on mailservers handilg large quantities of email to use reliable, well maintained, and well run lists aligning closely to your sites policies for SPAM as early as possible to save you the CPU, Disk and associated costs of carrying the crap.