Re: a couple of postfix questions

also sprach Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org> [2004.12.07.2157 +0100]:

http://www.postfix.org/LOCAL_RECIPIENT_README.html

> and for viruses - I believe that postfix (at least in recent
> versions) can do this, but I am just not sure.  I do not want to
> have to rely on something like amavis + a seperate listener to do
> content scanning,

postfix is a MTA not a content scanner. you will need to use
something like amavisd, but you *can* make postfix refuse a message
if the content scanner refuses it. i don't, so i don't have it
handy.

> I guess what I am asking for is people's experiences migrating
> existing (especially sendmail) systems to postfix, and how easy it
> is to tie other things into it, especially at smtp time.

there is nothing you would want from an MTA which postfix cannot do.

it all depends on your requirements.

`. `'`