Re: MySQL Max connections?

Am Dienstag, den 07.12.2004, 13:07 -0600 schrieb Jacob S:

> Do you or anybody else know what the default number is for
> max_connections?

100 is the default-value for max_connections

> I suppose it could be system load causing my problem,
> since top usually shows an average of 4.0 or 5.0 when the problem
> occurs. It seems like the whole mysql server or apache would be killed
> though if that were the case. (Server is a 2.2Ghz P4 with 512MB of ram.)

just took a look and our primary webserver - it's running 185 mysqld and
36 httpd processes - load average is 0.11, 0.19, 0.18 on a 1.8 ghz
celeron with 1.5 gb of physical ram.

perhaps some more ram whould help fixing your problem - afaik mysql is
getting much faster and efficient as more ram it can use.

Achim