Re: MySQL Max connections?

This one time, at band camp, Jacob S said:
> Do you or anybody else know what the default number is for
> max_connections? I suppose it could be system load causing my problem,
> since top usually shows an average of 4.0 or 5.0 when the problem
> occurs. It seems like the whole mysql server or apache would be killed
> though if that were the case. (Server is a 2.2Ghz P4 with 512MB of ram.)

IIRC it's 100 by default.  With basically no tuning here:
mysql> show variables like 'max%';
+-----------------------+------------+
| Variable_name         | Value      |
+-----------------------+------------+
| max_connections       | 100        |
| max_connect_errors    | 10         |
| max_delayed_threads   | 20         |
| max_user_connections  | 0          |

(some lines snipped as not useful in context).

HTH,
|   ,''`.					     Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :					 sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'			Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-					    http://www.debian.org |