Re: Cyrus21/ Vulnerability

On Mo, 6.12.2004, 02:32, Andreas John wrote:

>> If you must use newer packages than those shipped with woody,
>> roll your own. Yo have a working compiler, at least.
>> Or use woody and backports.
>
> A compil...what? "dpkg --get-selections |grep compiler" gives me no
> results! :-)

(look at the bottom)

> Personally I feel that woody+backports is more "unstable" than sid.
> Besides that: If you get the backports from somewhere, you cannot really
> "trust" them and you never know when they will conflict with something.
> Building all that stuff myself is not an option for me because it drops
> me back 10 years ....

I think you could trust the backport (including the new patch!) at
http://people.debian.org/~hmh/woody/hmh/cyrus/
;)

But to 'enhance' your trust you could download all .tar.gz,
.diff and .dsc files from there and make your own .deb files
in the debian way.

Christian

PS: Henrique: Funny timestamp in your last changelog! ;)