Re: Is gray-listing a one-shot anti-spam measure?

On Friday 03 December 2004 20:07, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder
<avbidder@fortytwo.ch> wrote:
> (And - this to Stephen Frost, I believe - there is a patch to postgrey
> which I will include in the next version, and I believe which will also be
> included in the next upstream, to whitelist a client IP as soon as one
> greylisted email came through.  So the load on legitimate mailservers will
> be even smaller.)

As has already been suggested it would be good to be able to configure the
number of messages that come through before the client IP is white-listed.

Also it would be good to be able to configure the amount of time for which a
white-list entry is valid.  What is a dedicated mail server today may be part
of a dial-up IP address range next year...