Re: Legal aspects of greylisting in Europe

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 11:00:16PM +0100, Christian Storch wrote:
> After the first message would be accepted within(!) the open window of
> suggested 1 - 4 hours after initial trial it should be
> whitelisted for about one month.
> So the effect would be, that succeeding messages fitting the triple would
> be relayed without any delay.
>
> By the way I see also no problem with actual laws in Europe.
> (But I'm also no lawyer! ;)

Indeed the triple containing email addresses of both the sender and the
recipient are stored far longer than necessary for billing reasons or do
you bill by number of recieved messages?

Hmm .. could one alternativly use the mails the user saved as a source
of whitelisting?

Regards, David

--
  * Customer: "My palmtop won't turn on."
  * Tech Support: "Did the battery run out, maybe?"