Re: Is gray-listing a one-shot anti-spam measure?

This one time, at band camp, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder said:
> (And - this to Stephen Frost, I believe - there is a patch to postgrey which
> I will include in the next version, and I believe which will also be
> included in the next upstream, to whitelist a client IP as soon as one
> greylisted email came through.  So the load on legitimate mailservers will
> be even smaller.)

Is there a way to make the number of succesful retries before whitelisting
configurable for postgrey?  I use a different implementation of
greylisting alltogether, so it doesn't really concern me too much,
but it seems like a good idea.

The reason for the request being that while it is quite possible for
a zombie machine to accidentally resend the same mail from/rcpt to
combination by accident on a second spam run, the odds of it sending
10 or 15 (or some number, depending on your circumstances, I guess)
are vanishingly small.  Only a mechanism with a real queue runner would
get more than a few successes, and those are the ones that should be
whitelisted.
|   ,''`.					     Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :					 sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'			Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-					    http://www.debian.org |