Re: Sarge on a supermicro X5DPA-TGM ?

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 11:20, Rhesa Rozendaal wrote:
> We recently bought a new machine. It's a Super Micro motherboard model
> X5DPA-TGM with Intel's ICH5-SATA Serial ATA IDE chipset. I'd like to
> know if anyone has experience with it in combination with Debian.
>
> I did find http://www.lathi.net/twiki-bin/view/Main/DebianSataLvm, which
> describes how to get Woody running on it, but I was wondering if it
> would be less complicated with Sarge and the 2.6 kernel.
> We have two CPU's in it, and 2GB RAM for now.

I have a different SATA chipset, but it works fine with the 2.6 kernel.

The only trick I hit is for some reason the kernel module doesn't get
loaded by discover, but it does get loaded by hotplug. Unfortunately, on
startup hotplug runs after mount -a, which means SATA drives fail to
mount.

The solution was to add the SATA module to /etc/modules to force it to
load earlier.

--
Donovan Baarda <abo@minkirri.apana.org.au>
http://minkirri.apana.org.au/~abo/